2008年10月7日火曜日

Festival

 The other day, autumn festival held at shrine in my hometown. It was small festival, but a lot of people gathered and made merry. I could't go to festival, because I had to work my part time job then in spite of I love festival. What a shame! I love festival, because there are a lot of stalls and I can eat foods that I can seldom eat. I think everyone loves festival, because it is fun, but I don't think everyone knows meaning of their local festivals. Why don't you think it's strange that we enjoy festival in spite of we don't know their meaning? So, I searched meaning of my hometown festival.

 My hometown is Kira town in Aichi. Do you know Kira town? It lies in the middle southern part of Aichi. The festival was held in Kasuga shrine in Kira town. Kasuga shrine was built many years ago. Kira has big river called "Yahagigawa". The old days, Yahagigawa often overflowed, so people made a bypass and stopped the overflow and built shrine there. I couldn't search really meaning of festival, but I think people held festival, because they wants to thank to god that they don't have overflow.

 There are a lot of festivals in Japan and they have meaning and history. Why don't you know what your local fastival means? If you know their meaning, maybe your viewpoint for the local festival will change!
 
 

0 件のコメント: